- This event has passed.
Inaugrual Urunga Wetlands Working Bee
October 13 @ 8:00 am - 10:00 am
- Meet opposite 58 Hillside Drive, Urunga.
- Activity will be hand weeding and weed identification.
- Please park a little way away from the site so we have space to work and be aware of nearby residents.
- Bring gloves, water, hat, and wear long pants and long sleeved shirt, and sturdy footwear.
- Apply sunscreen and insect repellant in preparation.
- Please also bring any hand tools you have handy.
The story so far
Following the award-winning remediation work led by Clayton Colmer on the wetlands site, Urunga Landcare (Co-ordinated by Amanda Norman, formerly on Bellingen Landcare Committee and previously employed as a qualified bush regenerator by Brent Hely) had the idea of extending the health of the wetlands eastward along the creek, and starting gathering data and planning. She teamed up for discussions with Lynn Delgado, also on the Bellingen Landcare Committee. Lynn did extensive work to ensure a successful funding application, and gathered further support from stakeholders and the community to make sure the project was submitted for consideration. This included involving the very active Friends of the Urunga Wetlands group. Sandy Eager of Bellingen Landcare is managing the overall project which includes large weed removal, continued regeneration at the wetlands, and support for community engagement.