Date(s) - 14/07/2021
9:00 am - 11:00 am
Categories No Categories
Urunga Landcare group welcomes you to come and care for Urunga Wetlands which is a Coastal Freshwater Wetlands endangered ecological community. Be inspired working together with this amazingly energetic group to reinstate important native vegetation at the site.
MEET AT THE URUNGA WETLANDS CARPARK
Please see our current hygiene requirements below.
– Activity will be hand weeding and weed identification.
– Bring gloves, water, hat, and wear gumboots, long pants, a long sleeved shirt, and sturdy footwear.
– Apply sunscreen and insect repellant in preparation.
– Please also bring any hand tools you have handy.
Local Landcare Group Hygiene Requirements
To manage the risk of COVID-19, it is requested that you implement the following controls.
1. Volunteers in the vulnerable category cannot work on site, which includes: anyone over the age of 70, people aged 65 and over with chronic medical conditions, people with compromised immune systems and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people 50 years and older with one or more chronic medical conditions.
2. Local Landcare groups are to undertake a 3 question COVID health check with their group members at the start of each gathering. If any volunteer answers “yes” to any of the below questions, the group must ask the volunteer to leave and stay home until they are tested for COVID-19.
Q. Have you been overseas in the last 2 weeks?
Q. Have you been in contact with anyone with COVID-19?
Q. Are you experiencing a cough, sore throat, fever or shortness of breath.
3. Limit the number of volunteers present at your Landcare site at one time to a maximum of 20 people.
4. Ensure a physical distance of 1.5m is maintained between volunteers at all times.
5. Practice good hygiene. Volunteers are to carry their own personal alcohol based hand sanitiser to wash their hands at the start and end of the working bee.
6. Personal gloves are to be worn whilst working.
7. Tools are to be allocated to individuals or wiped between uses with an alcohol-based sanitiser or disinfectant.