Bellinger Landcare is an incorporated, not for profit association which acts as an umbrella organisation for landcare in Bellingen Shire and beyond. The organisation:
- Represents Landcarers in the Bellinger – Dorrigo region,
- Advises on processes, organisation and legal matters in environmental restoration,
- Liaises between landcarers, government and technical experts,
- Manages on-ground projects,
- Facilitates environmental conservation works and projects
- Undertakes school and adult education in environmental issues and best practice management,
- Assists landholders to secure funding for on-ground environmental works
- Promotes landcare achievements
- Raises awareness in the community on environmental issues and sustainable agriculture
The organisation membership is made up of landcare groups and individual landcarers. Management of the organisation is through a committee of elected volunteer members. The management committee meets bi-monthly, the finances of the organisation and all projects are formally reviewed regularly and the accounts are audited annually. Bellinger Landcare Inc contracts to Local Land Services (LLS) to deliver community support for Landcare and other aspects of natural resource management. The organisation also contracts to Bellingen Shire Council for the delivery of small farm projects.
Our Strategic Plan can be viewed here:
The organisation is funded by the Australian Government National Landcare Program delivered through the North Coast Local Land Services. We also receive funding from Bellingen Shire Council to help with our operating costs and we are supported by our regional network and Landcare NSW.
The management committee, was elected at the annual general meeting in December 2016.
We are located at: 1a Oak St, Bellingen, NSW 2454
The office is open three days a week from 9am to 3 pm. Generally Wednesday, Thursday and Friday
The office may sometimes be closed during these hours if we are attending site visits. We welcome drop-in visits, but if you want to discuss something important, it is best to phone during office hours and make an appointment.
(02) 6655 0588